Muscle Memory & Flexibility in the Neck & Poll, Rib Cage & Hindquarters
Educational Clinic – Intercommunication Program
Russ Krachun shares his philosophy and unconventional methodology in developing flexibility and suppleness in the horse neck muscle, rib cage and hindquarters. This methodology is based on the same principals and education used for any athlete. You will learn that softness and suppleness is developed by following step by step methods that connect to one another through repetitions, in forward motions at various speeds. This methodology enables the neck muscle, rib cage and the hindquarters to stretch and develop muscle memory. Developing muscle memory is very important in any athlete by supporting both their physical and mental education and allows the athlete to perform to the best of their abilities.
Day One – July 27/19
- Develop flexibility and muscle memory in the neck of the horse by using the inside left rein from the right side of the neck (perimeter walk, trot and lope)
- Develop flexibility and muscle memory in the neck of the horse by using the inside right rein from the left side of horse (perimeter walk, trot and lope)
- Develop flexibility and muscle memory in the left and right side of the horses neck by changing direction from the left to the right and from the right to the left (walk, trot)
- Develop flexibility in the rib cage of the horse by educating the horse to stretch the rib cage from the outside and to contract the rib cage inside, by travelling in a circle to the left (walk, trot)
- Develop flexibility in the rib cage of the horse by educating the horse to stretch the rib cage from the outside and to contract the rib cage of the horse inside by travelling in a circle to the right (walk, trot)
- Develop flexibility in the rib cage of the horse by stretching the rib cage from the outside and contracting the rib cage inside by travelling forward in a right circle and then changing direction to a left circle and also by travelling forward in a left circle and then changing direction to a right circle (walk, trot)
Day Two – July 28/19
Review of Day one Educational Methods-Neck and Rib Cage
- Develop flexibility and muscle memory from the left side of the horse hindquarters (walk, trot)
- Develop flexibility and muscle memory from the right side of the horse hindquarters (walk, trot)
- Develop flexibility and muscle memory of the horse hindquarters by using the hindquarters to change the direction from the left to the right and from the right to the left (walk, trot)
- Participants of any discipline are welcome at this clinic
- Participants should be confident under saddle at walk, trot and lope
- Participants will receive approximately twelve hours of Kozak Horsemanship equine educational instruction within the two days of this clinic
- The participant ticket allows one participant only, no other family member, helper or transporter will be allowed to view clinic. Spectator tickets are also available to purchase on line for your friends or family.
- Participants will be required to sign liability waivers, and photography/videography waivers at the clinic.
- Participants who do not have their own horse or chooses not to bring their own horse; may choose to work with a Kozak Horsemanship facility horse. Please confirm by email email@example.com that you wish to take advantage of this option
- Saddle & pad, Bridle, bit, chin strap, one piece rope reins and leg wraps for horse
- Helmets and proper riding footwear are required for each participant.
- Required equipment may also be purchased at the Kozak Horsemanship Facility, or participants may choose to rent a complete Kozak Horsemanship bridle for a fee of $25.00 plus HST for the duration of the clinic
Participant Horse Information:
- A green or an experienced horse that can safely walk, trot and lope under saddle
- Any breed or discipline of horse is welcome
- The horse should be comfortable wearing a snaffle bit
- Please ensure your horse is safe among people and other horses
- An up to date vaccination report is required for each horse
- Stall rentals are available for your horse for the fee of $15.00 plus HST per day.
- Stall rentals includes hay, water, shavings and clean out once each day.
- If you would like to reserve a stall, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org after you have purchased your participant spot
All learning and education is at the level of the receiver. It is important to know that it takes time to develop coordination and muscle skills, and it is also very important to practice and work with your horse regularly in order for you to succeed. Russ Krachun Kozak Horsemanship is not responsible for the final results that you and your horse reach during or after the clinic. Russ Krachun Kozak Horsemanship reserves all rights in the methodology explained and presented.
Schedule for each day
- 10.00 - 12.00
- Educational Segment
- 12.00 - 12.30
- 12.30 - 2.30
- Educational Segment
- 2.30 - 3.00
- 3.00 - 5.00
- Educational Segment
- 5.00 - 5.30
- Discussion Summary