“Discover Horsemanship Philosophy & Methodology in the Round Pen” Clinic
Hosted by Celtic Creek Ranch
Russ Krachun shares his philosophy his original methodology of working in the round pen in “Discover Horsemanship Philosophy & Methodology in the Round Pen”. Learn fifteen signature steps that connect and build to one another to develop understanding, willing responses and improved mental and physical abilities in both the horse and the horseman. This education is essential in developing a foundation that will lead to success in our future education with our horse.
Participants attending this clinic may choose to work directly with horses of Kozak Horsemanship or may bring their own horse. Each participant will receive direct instruction with Russ Krachun and work with horses of various ages and personalities. Participants will learn how each method connects to the next method, and how their own physical and mental abilities contribute to their communication and understanding with each horse.
Day One – Oct 5/19
- Step 1 – Teach your horse to go forward consistently in the left & right direction
- Step 2 – Extended touch
- Step 3 – Teach your horse to stop and face you from the left & right direction
- Step 4 – Ask your horse to turn inside from the left & right direction
- Step 5 – Ask your horse to turn outside from the left & right direction
- Step 6 – Ask your horse to turn inside and outside together
- Step 7 – Speed control and control fear in different speeds in the left & the right direction
Day Two – Oct 6/19
- Step 8 – First physical touch with hands on both sides up to the withers
- Step 9 – Build confidence with lariat on both sides up to the withers
- Step 10 – First pressure from the left and right direction
- Step 11 – Build confidence to the hind end with lariat from the left and right direction
- Step 12 – First pressure to hind end from the left and right direction
- Step 13 – Whole body confidence and trust building with your hands
- Step 14 – Teach your horse to lead and build confidence with flag and bull whip
- Step 15 – Teach the horse to move different body parts using human body language
Rope Halter, 15 foot Horsemanship Rope, Lasso, and Wand with string and flag, Helmets are also required for each participant. Equipment required for this clinic may be individually purchased at the Kozak Horsemanship trade booth, or participants may rent the “Foundation Kit” which includes all of the required equipment, for $15.00 plus HST for the duration of the clinic.
Participant should be confident on the ground with the horse and have the physical ability to use a flag, lariat, and rope halter and horsemanship rope. Each participant is required to sign liability waiver and photo & videography waivers.
Stalls are available for participant horses and are provided by Celtic Creek Ranch – Please contact for fees and availability – 613-930-0284
All learning and education is at the level of the receiver. It is important to know that it takes time to develop coordination and muscle skills, and it is also very important to practice and work with your horse regularly in order for you to succeed. Russ Krachun Kozak Horsemanship is not responsible for the final results that you and your horse reach during or after the clinic. Russ Krachun Kozak Horsemanship reserves all rights in the methodology explained and presented.